9.28.2009

Lessons Learned Part Deux

I have decided that I would like to make, "Lessons Learned" a weekly post. These lessons are not meant to replace regular postings just meant to spice things up. So never fear my sweets. It's just I find that I am constantly learning new things but more importantly I'm learning of how dumb we humans can be. Case in point the following post;

1. Because I said so...
Have you ever tried to comment on someone's blog and you have to go through eight steps to verify that you are the actual person posting the comment? Then you have to figure out how to decipher what the letters "uniutusyit" are, they are all slanted and written in cursive and it takes about three tries to get the numbers right, and for what exactly? We do things because somehow the computer world is telling us it's secure. Mark my words and hold me to it, I'm calling the bluff on the cyber world.

2. DVR is a Godsend
As per my previous post cable men are idiots, and it only took the idiots 6 weeks to get me installed but now it's like Heaven on Earth. Who says that you can't watch all your favorite tv shows in a matter of one sitting? I'll tell you who, people who aren't spending a fortune on their television bills and just watching the programs at the regularly scheduled times. However, I will tell you what said people are not doing. They are not watching or re-watching in some cases, Grey's, SYTYCD, The Biggest Loser, and Law and Order: SVU. I love me some Elliot Stabler, mmm good. It's gonna be a great fall season.

3. George Clooney....
In the words of a good friend, "George Clooney is like a fine wine, he just gets better with time." I couldn't agree more.

4. College , most expensive piece of paper, ever.
Five years, numerous text books, hours of studying and writing papers, many missed classes :), annoying teachers, ridiculous tuition payments, outrageous costs of parking permits, and insurmountable amounts of debt and what do I have to show for it? A piece of paper saying that I signed the next four years of my life away to the bank to repay for this education that I received. This education, mind you, has been great but the majority of it I will probably never use again. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward that expensive paper. Graduation application due Nov.1, praise the Lord!

That is all for now. Those were the lessons I either learned or came to realize this weekend. More to come next week.

3 comments:

  1. I completely second your commentary on George Clooney. He will forever be my old man crush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe it is safe to say i love him more. i teared up in the theater the other day when his movie trailer came on... i'm just sayin

    ReplyDelete